Swim Safe System®
“The Most Advanced Circulation System in the Industry”
What exactly does that mean and why should I insist that my new pool be built with the Swim-Safe™ circulation system?
Our desire for recreation and exercise must come only after our concern for safety. We focus on preventing drain suction from holding and trapping children under water in pools. Our Swim-Safe® system eliminates this hazard completely by eliminating the powerful suction in drains. Water is supplied to the circulation pump and filtered through multiple surface skimmers where it returns to the pool through an engineered system of low-wall, sweeping circulation fittings. Our Swim-Safe® system is engineered for each pool we build, accommodating the specific design requirements of that pool. Other benefits of our system became evident as we began building our Swim-Safe® circulation system back in 2002.
The concept of designing a circulation system without any bottom drains, our “Drainless Pool™” system is a direct result of my work on the ANSI/APSP-7 Standard for Suction Entrapment Avoidance in Swimming Pools, Wading Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs and Catch Basins. This is a national safety Standard, adopted into building codes across the country.
By designing the drain out of the system, we completely eliminate the potential hazard. Here’s the short version of how we accomplish the task.
1. We eliminate the bottom drain and replace the water flow to the filter by adding more surface skimmers. This hazard is eliminated.
2. Since we deliver the “used water” to the filter from the surface, skimming dirt and debris before it has time to settle into the water, our pools stay much cleaner than “traditionally” circulated pools.
3. Because we skim off debris faster and more efficiently than “traditional” pools, less debris will actually settle into the water, thereby reducing the amount of sanitizer (chlorine) required to keep the water sanitary. This lowers sanitizer costs, reduces the required residual sanitizer level in the water, and, because of lower levels of chlorine, creates more “use friendly” water – not as “sticky” as typical pool water.
4. We also use more circulation fittings than “traditional” pools, returning water to the pool from the filter after it’s been cleaned and sanitized – better heat distribution and lower heating costs.
5. We place our return fittings lower in the wall and we use primarily “sweep” fittings rather than “eyeball” fittings, thereby moving more water and sending suspended debris to the surface to be skimmed off and removed from the water.
Different industries move forward in different ways. Automobiles went from V-8, stick shift, gas guzzling, land yachts to energy efficient, seat belt & air bag protected, smooth riding, easy driving “living rooms on wheels”. My industry will eventually embrace the “Drainless Pool™” concept. It is the future of circulation, we just happen to be leading the way, and you are the beneficiary! Pretty good idea… Our Swim-Safe® system out-performs traditional circulation systems in Every Measurable Way!